A salad is a synonym for a healthy alternative, but did you know that salads from restaurants and fast-food places often contain more calories than your average burger? This is due to the fact that they use calorie-rich ingredients like fried chicken, and dressings which in combination can bump up the calorie count all the way to thousand, if not more.
So, if you want a truly healthy salad, it is best to make it yourself. In this article, we’re going to show you how to make chicken salad with spinach for two people. Preparation is very easy and it will take you approximately 20 minutes.
- 100g of fresh spinach
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 cucumber
- 1 onion
- 100g of cherry tomatoes
- 100g of fresh cheese
- 30g of black olives
- 250g of chicken white meat
- Sea salt
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 squeezed lemon
- Some oil to grill your chicken
1. Separate the lettuce, wash it thoroughly, and tear it into large pieces.
2. Wash cucumber and cut it into half moons. Clean the onion and cut it up into small strips. Cut the cheese into small squares, and tomatoes in halves.
3. Flatten the chicken meat and spice it up to your liking. Grill it lightly on both sides until it gets nice brown color. After it cools down, cut it into strips. In one bowl mix up spinach and lettuce, and then add cucumber, onion, cherry tomatoes and olives.
4. Add olive oil and lemon juice to the mixture, salt it, and mix up the ingredients.
5. Sprinkle it with oregano on top, add fresh cheese and chicken.
It is that easy, and keep in mind that you should always get organic ingredients if possible.